Pegasus is a leading low-cost airline in Turkey, which provides reasonably-priced transportation opportunities on point-to-point basis in short and medium range flight lines and aims to set up a wide flight network with high flight frequency for guests.
Pegasus Hava Tasimaciligi A.S, which was founded as a joint venture company on 1990 by Aer Lingus Group, Silkar Yatırım ve Insaat Organizasyonu A.S. and Net Holding A.S., entered into commercial operation with two airplanes.
After being acquired on 2005 by Esas Holding A.S. owned by Sevket Sabanci and his family, Pegasus started scheduled domestic flights in November of the same year and became the 4th top among the scheduled airlines operating in Turkey.
According to the final structure of partnership after the Initial Public Offering; 34.5 % of shares are floating in Borsa Istanbul and 65.5% belongs to Esas Holding A.S, whereas the rest is owned by Sevket Sabanci and his family.
Pegasus; the Most Rapidly Growing Airline in Europe….
Holding the belief that everybody has the right to travel by air, Pegasus brought “low cost model” to life soon after starting scheduled flights. Based on this vision, Pegasus still continues to introduce reasonably priced airline transportation services with a young fleet and high punctual departure rates.
With its fleet composed of 45 airplanes in total, where 44 of them are new generation 737-800 NG and the overall age average is 4.1 by September, 2013; Pegasus delivered its guests with an average punctual departure rate of 90.29% for the first nine months of 2013.
Pegasus extended its flight network, which was initially composed of 6 domestic locations at the beginning of scheduled flights, up to 76 locations and currently has 45 abroad and 31 domestic flight locations in 30 countries.
In order to provide a pleasant travel experience to the guests; Pegasus continues to offer substantial new services and products. In the last few years, the company also put additional income into providing services to support the low cost carrier model. By also expanding its family parallel to its growth in the sector; Pegasus turned into a huge family of 2045 members in 7 years from a team of 700 staff.
While providing economic, safe and punctual travel opportunities to its guests, by means of investments in areas of flight safety and technology, Pegasus established itself as the latest flight training center of Turkey. This has led to Pegaus also becoming one of the leading airlines, to adopt fleet-wide Wireless Groundlink End to End Network Solutions, a system providing double direction data transfer that is significant with regards to the traceability of systems.
Pegasus has been granted the title of “Fastest Growing Airline in Europe” among the 25 biggest airline companies in Europe, both in 2011 and 2012, according to a ranking based on seat capacity data given in Official Airline Guide (OAG) report.
Traffic expansion faster than speed of expansion in the sector
During recent years, where the Turkish civil aviation sector entered into a serious growth trend, Pegasus has proven to be satisfying a significant demand in the aviation sector with the number of its guests increasing much more than the average growth in the sector.
• Pegasus has been flying for 20 years and is Turkeys most established private airline
• Our experienced cabin and maintenance crew ensure maximum flight safety and security
• Everyone can access Pegasus via www.flypgs.com
• Pegasus operates an affordable and flexible pricing policy that considers quality and customer satisfaction
• Pegasus is continually developing to meet passenger expectations and priorities, and above all, flight safety
• Pegasus is an innovator in the passenger airline sector
• Pegasus operates Turkeys youngest fleet with the newest aircraft
• Pegasus uses cutting-edge technology
• Pegasus is Turkeys only private airline whose wide network of domestic and international flights depart from Istanbuls Sabiha Gökçen Airport
• By sparing its customers the expensive parking and heavy traffic that plague other Istanbul airports, Pegasus decreases the total cost of not just the ticket, but the entire journey
• Pegasus aims to be Turkeys most on-time airline. We show our monthly success rate on our website, and are the first airline in Turkey to do so
• Pegasus is a member of the IATA
• Pegasus is in possession of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems, and TGA accredited OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems certification.
• Pegasus makes flying easy.
• Pegasus leads the way in Turkey by applying its low cost model.